Benefits for Fellows and Members from ACA
Think Outside the Pill Bottle!
Adding Insurance to Your Pharmacy Services
Informational Webinar with Ben Coakley, Pharmacy Insurance Group
YES...Pharmacy owners can own insurance agencies and capture the commissions on all the products the patients are buying on a yearly basis.
Join Ben Coakley from Pharmacy Insurance Group, a part of ACA/ACVP Corporate Member Waypointrx, for an informational webinar about forming an insurance agency to work in coordination with your pharmacy or pharmacies. You will hear the dos and don’ts from actual pharmacy owners who have started their own agency and completed a Medicare Annual Enrollment.
Reasons to own an agency:
- It is best for patients because they can choose a plan that will allow them to keep using the independent pharmacy (Medicare in particular).
- It is best for patients because customized strategies can be created to meet their needs at their preferred pharmacy (the independent).
- It is a great diversification strategy.
- It is more profitable than the reimbursements to fill scripts.
- It creates an asset that is marketable to other people.
- The startup costs are minimal.
- Independent pharmacies are already acting as agents but are not getting paid for their efforts.
- It will allow independent pharmacies to continue to serve the Medicare population.
Register in advance for this meeting:
Date: April 21, Thursday
Time: 12 Noon EST, 11:00 am CST, 10:00 am MST, 9:00 am PST – Click Here to Register
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting