After careful consideration for the safety of our training class participants, instructors, and staff, the American College of Apothecaries resumed in-person training classes on June 4. ACA followed local public health guidelines to develop the following protocols.
Our top priority is providing the best training opportunities for pharmacy professionals in the safest environment for employees, instructors, participants, and the community.
Our safety protocols include:
- Daily health screening upon entrance to facility for all class participants and staff
- Limiting visitors to facility and lowering class size
- Allowing staff to telework and informing staff not to come to work if sick
- Enforcing six-foot distancing for all individuals throughout facility
- Dedicated workspaces for class participants during compounding training courses, including classroom and lab areas
- Providing masks to every individual
- Providing hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes to all visitors, class participants and staff at facility entrance, in bathrooms, breakroom, training room, and labs
- Offices, bathrooms, breakroom, and lab are cleaned and disinfected daily
- Additional measures will be taken throughout the facility to prevent unnecessary contact between individuals