Professional Awareness Days are a great opportunity to show your appreciation for the hard work that your staff does every day and market your pharmacy at the same time. There are several notable dates coming up, so start planning. For your convenience, we’ve compiled some links and ideas to get you started.
Throughout the Weeks Ahead:
- Ahead of time: post signs around your pharmacy and on your website and social media alerting your patients about the upcoming recognition day and asking them to join you in showing their appreciation to your staff
- Include information for your patients about the many services you and your staff provide and how the profession of pharmacy helps keep them healthy
- Make each recognition fun & be creative — take photos of the events and post online
- Use the official hashtags for each special day
- Use the links below to discover more ways to promote each event!
World Pharmacists Day
Theme: “Safe and effective medicines for all”
The theme for 2019 aims to promote pharmacists’ crucial role in safeguarding patient safety through improving medicine’s use and reducing medication errors. Show your support with graphics and a profile frame from the International Pharmaceutical Federation (FIP).
American Pharmacists Month
Theme: “Pharmacists: Easy to Reach, Ready to Help”
Visit the APhM website for marketing and promotional materials to wear or display and for event ideas for your practice setting.
National Women Pharmacists Day
Celebrate the significant gains that women have made in pursuing careers in pharmacy. Honor the trailblazers who have made such progress possible and the women working in your pharmacy today. Download a toolkit of graphics and ideas from the WPD website.
Pharmacy Technicians Day
Show your appreciation to pharmacy technicians for the important role they play in your pharmacy. Recognize and celebrate their dedication and hard work.