ADVANCED PHARMACEUTICAL COMPOUNDING is an accredited 15 hour (1.5 CEUs) practice-based course designed for pharmacists, technicians, and marketers who want to learn more advanced compounding skills and techniques for the community patient. Both non-sterile and sterile dosage forms will be covered however emphasis will be placed on non-sterile dosage forms.
This course is a combination of didactic lectures for content and laboratory activities to enhance an already established skill of compounding that will cover topics and create products unique to community extemporaneous compounding pharmacy practice.
The goal of this course is to expand on the participants’ current knowledge of community extemporaneous compounding pharmacy and to discover and create innovative ways to treat patients in the community using advanced extemporaneous compounding pharmacy skills and techniques.
REQUIREMENTS: Participants choosing this course should have a solid understanding of fundamental compounding techniques and skills and must have completed a compounding training course within the past seven years (ACA or other provider acceptable). A copy of a certificate of completion for an acceptable course must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to complete enrollment for the course.
Topics covered will include:
- flavoring chemistry
- pediatric dosage forms and formulations
- Rapid Disintegrating Tablets and tablet triturates
- palliative care and hospice compounding opportunities
- dosage forms for dentistry
- advanced technology available for the community compounder
An emphasis will be placed on quality assurance/quality control as well as product analysis.
Our low instructor/participant ratio allows for individual attention and interaction. The program is structured to demonstrate skills that can be immediately implemented by participants. Learn about the ACA Compounding Training Instructors at acainfo.org/instructors.
Physicians and other health care professionals are welcome to attend.
*Funding for this course is provided in part by an unrestricted educational grant from the ACA Research and Education Foundation.
At the conclusion of this program, the participating pharmacist or technician will be able to:
- Recall basic pharmaceutical calculations from required compounding courses to be used in preparation of advanced pharmaceutical compounds
- Explain legal obligations and requirements of 503A and 503B compounding facilities
- Use advanced pharmaceutical compounding techniques to extemporaneously compound prescriptions, utilizing supplied materials
- Discuss theory of and experiment with flavoring chemistry related to non-sterile oral products
- Review pediatric dosage forms and formulations related to community compounded products
- Formulate and compound Rapid Disintegrating Tablets and tablet triturates
- Discover palliative care and hospice compounding opportunities to grow your business
- Define non-sterile compounded dosage forms for dentistry patients
- Practice manipulation of advanced technology available for the community compounder
- Demonstrate appropriate documentation of compounding procedures and practices performed according to best practice guidelines, utilizing supplied materials
- Discuss the challenges and opportunities associated with unique routes of administration and unique dosage forms
- Assess extemporaneously compounded products for quality control according to best practice guidelines
ACA | ACVP | PPHI Member
- MEMBER BENEFIT: Save $100 when you add a 2nd attendee from the same pharmacy for only $1195.
REGISTER EARLY & SAVE $70!
Special promotional pricing will be automatically applied to all registrations completed six weeks before the beginning of class. No code necessary; does not apply to pharmacy student fees, EVP, or ACA Compound Academy. The best value in compounding training just got a little better.